PDA

View Full Version : GAZ Pre Release Sale Party

The Geek
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
GAZ RC3 has just been uploaded into the download section for the private beta testing team.

To celebrate the progress, I have put GAZ on sale at a SUBSTANTIAL discount for the next 24hours (over 50% off). After the 24 hour period, the sale of GAZ will cease until gold is released at which time licenses will be able to be purchased at full price.

Please note that GAZ is still pre-release and as such will most likely contain some issue that will need to be resolved for gold release. If you are uncomfortable with pre-release software, I would suggest chilling on picking up a copy until gold.

Licenses purchased during this sale will not be valid for transfer to another party.

click here to purchase GAZ (http://www.thevbgeek.com/geekmart.php?do=displayproduct&id=5)
click here to check out the newsletter browser (http://www.thevbgeek.com/newsletter.php)
click here to check out the current documentation (http://www.thevbgeek.com/geeki/index.php/Category:GAZ)
click here to check out open bugs with GAZ (http://www.thevbgeek.com/tracker/)

nJoy!

Tigratrus
05-17-2007, 05:09 PM
License purchased and RC3 installed on our testbed. Susan's grinding him way though some other things atm, but we hope to have some feedback for you soon. We've had a lot of ideas of things that we want to accomplish with GAZ as the tool... Like targeted single question surveys, sort of like Netflixs does.

James and Susan

Michael-MI
05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Can you purchase a brand free as well?

The Geek
05-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Not during the sale, once it goes gold :)

Michael-MI
05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
okay. I purchased the software during the sale. I am very excited for this product and can't wait to use it for our members. Thanks!

The Geek
05-17-2007, 05:32 PM
Just as a general FYI, I uploaded some new files to fix some minor js issues and send out issues. Nothing major but if you downloaded before this message, it may be worth downloading again if you come across any javascript errors. No need to reupload the product xml, just replace the files.

Wham bam, thanks mam.

MsJac
05-17-2007, 09:45 PM
WHOA! Pre-Release party?!?! I just VIPed :P
Thanx for this GEEK ;)

Jacquii.

convergent
05-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm in... bought one for future use... will I be able to upgrade it to brand free... I hope?

The Geek
05-17-2007, 10:04 PM
sure :)

Hornstar6969
05-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I see you upgraded to 3.6.7 that is good to see, however just a reminder, you have not added back up on the navbar the downloads link. or is it somewhere else now?

The Geek
05-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Its in the navigation drop down menu :) I still need to add it for non js browsers though

Hemanth
05-18-2007, 05:14 AM
Bought the license.. Feedback will be here as soon as i test it.:)

acers
05-18-2007, 05:27 AM
License taken ::)

I was waiting for this. Now time to do testing and report bugs :D

Serendib
05-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi,

bought one, too! I'm looking forward to do some testing. The GAZ seems to be exactly what I was looking for, for quite a long time!

Jan

Bree
05-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Wow... I've been having a rotten day... so this couldn't have come at a better time! I'm sooo excited, totally forgot what made my day rotten LOL Must not have been so bad ;) Thanks sooooooo much and of course I already purchased... will work on installing tonight or tomorrow. You ARE da BEST!

Always, Bree

Hornstar6969
05-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Installed, everything went problem free ^^ looks good www.gamerzneeds.net/forums/newsletter.php

i will send out the emails to my members tomorrow, now i go sleep ^^ (just upgraded to vb 3.5.7) ^^

The Geek
05-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Wow, I am kind of blown away by the amount of licenses sold. Thanks everyone!

Please note that the sale is closed until we hit gold status which should hopefully be very soon.

As an FYI, due to the great feedback I have recieved so far, GOLD may be moved back a tiny ways to accomidate a couple feature requests:

1- Moving most CSS inline to accomidate gmail, hotmail and other email readers in a more friendly manner.
2- Introducing a way to unsubscribe without having to log in.

Stay tuned.

Hornstar6969
05-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Thanks, glad you are introducing option 2 :)

Bree
05-19-2007, 10:09 PM
My husband and I were just discussing the possible outcome of your Sale Party =0) 50% off sales usually generate quite a bit of... well sales =0) And I'm thinking I would love to be in your shoes this week LOL Since I cannot be, I say we all meet up somewhere and drinks are on you ;)

Seriously tho... Needed Products + Reasonable Prices + The confidance the product will be satisfactory... (and support will be available) = Of course Im buying!

My bank account has taken a real beating recently as Im just discovering "paid mods"... And I cannot say this adventure has been a fun one as I have run into (and paid for) quite a few things that people IMO have no business selling due to the poor quality and lack of functionability. Seems like few people offer products that actually do what they say they are gonna do. Or they do come in handy only after hours of work on your part (outta the box they're crap)... Sorry... I'm venting hehe.

The point is... I come here with excitement and confidance knowing I'm gonna find cool things that work as they are promised... and the support when I make booboos is superb. We are not doing favors for you by purchasing, you are doing the favor by making them available for purchase. So thank YOU!

Always, Bree

PS.. I still want that drink!

kall
05-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Aww.

I guess you didn't want to get too overwhelmed, but if you had sent out an email announcing this, you'd have at least one more guaranteed sale.. mine. :(

The Geek
05-20-2007, 12:00 AM
lol, I did - but GAZ is still pre-release and so it either went to your junk mail or was eaten alive by gmail, hotmail or other similar email readers systems. Hopefully the latest release will prevent some of that :)

Hornstar6969
05-20-2007, 05:24 AM
To let you know, the email i just got then from test #23 was displayed really nice in gmail. normally it dont look that good, but this time it had color and looked good ^^

look forward to getting that updated version ^^

also please make branding free available asap, dont follow in the footsteps of vbseo lol. thanks.

The Geek
05-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Good to hear. That version is out - its RC3b :)

And I will do a brand free - just havent had time to do the back end :)

sabret00the
05-20-2007, 07:04 PM
i have a question, does it have hooks for easy extension? i.e. i'll want to include some of the modules of my site in there.

The Geek
05-21-2007, 09:37 AM
You should be able to include them as modules in gaz, however they would need minor tweaking to run internally. There are a couple of hooks in there already - ill add more on request to accomidate :)

sabret00the
05-21-2007, 10:56 AM
nice one. now if i could only figure out how to buy it. there's no purchase button anywhere.

Bridges
05-21-2007, 11:35 AM
wow I missed the sale, oh well not that I have the time now to test it out anyway.

It's looking good by the way!

beduino
05-21-2007, 12:31 PM
Hi!
Where is the link to purchase????
http://www.thevbgeek.com/geekmart.php?do=displayproduct&id=5
don't appears any link ....
All the best
Joao Barroca
aka beduino

henrikhansen
05-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi!
Where is the link to purchase????
http://www.thevbgeek.com/geekmart.php?do=displayproduct&id=5
don't appears any link ....
All the best
Joao Barroca
aka beduino

The release candiate sales party has ended, it only lasted 24 hours.
You will be able to buy it again when it hits gold.

beduino
05-21-2007, 04:18 PM
hi henrikhansen!
tks for your reply.
in fact i don't need special conditions to buy. i need buy it ;) i use commbull in some sites but i want new solutions to newsletter :)
tks in advance
joao barroca
aka beduino

The Geek
05-22-2007, 08:36 AM
I only sold it for 24 hours, you cant buy it anywhere until it goes gold :D

Ghostsuit
05-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Damn missed the sale :(. When does it go Gold, I could do with this ;)

Only got 4 items got ta catch em all ;)

beduino
05-22-2007, 12:27 PM
wow,
i don't expect to this!
I only sold it for 24 hours, you cant buy it anywhere until it goes gold :D
i wait the gold version
:)
all the best
Beduino