PDA

View Full Version : GAZ Private RC 2 Release Discussion

The Geek
05-11-2007, 09:29 AM
I have just uploaded GAZ RC 2 to the download area for the private testing team and I have installed RC2 here. You can view the new issue browser here-> www.thevbgeek.com/newsletter.php (http://www.thevbgeek.com/newsletter.php)

This release marks the final pre-release for GAZ. This release is a last chance to solve any unknown issues before the glod release. An RC release means that the feature set is frozen and as far as I can tell, it is good enough for release. It does not mean that the release is stable yet - it just means that it is as stable as I can tell :)

The only real things that have changed since last RC is:
I changed the 'start date' in the newsletter options to be the next creation date. This is far more logical as it sets the next date to generate the next newsletter from.
I reworked all the navigational elements of the newsletter browser which turned out to be a right butt sore, but I think it looks pretty good now.

All that I have left is for some code clean up and to make sure that there are no bugs (which is why I have the private testing team!)

Known issues:

Unconfirmed issue with some character sets in the header?To upgrade from RC 1:

Download the latest package and upload the contents of the upload/forums folder into your forums directory, replacing ALL files
To use the test function, chmod geek/gaz/test folder to 0777.
Upload the product-gaz.xml file into your product manager making sure that you choose the overwrite option.Please do not post bugs in this thread. Post all bugs in the tracker and start new threads for troubleshooting discussions.

If I do not hear from you over the next week, I will assume you are no longer a part of the private testing team and I will remove the license from your manager to give to another person (which I have already done once :) )

Let's get this baby to gold :)

Thanks.