PDA

View Full Version : GAB setup - I do not get it! :(

pixie
04-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Alright, I just installed GAB and for a first test tried to place a skyscraper flash ad to the right of my forum.

How can this be done? I don't get the documentation somehow. And how can I delete unused billboards? :confused:

Here are the steps I took:
uploaded the file using the upload dialog
chose the forums in which the ad should be visible, switched to active
modified the default billboard to pull my banner from the correct category
told the master script to make use of the default billboard
copied the variable $GAB_ads[0] to my forumdisplay templateNow, the ad is showing up, but
it's not on the right of my forums, because I don't know how to do it
the swf file is not animated when pulled by GABSo, all I want to know is:

How can I put my ads to the right locations in the correct forums?

On top of this, I always get the following error message:

Warnung: array_merge() [function.array-merge (http://www.pixelplausch.de/admincp/function.array-merge)]: Argument #2 is not an array in /geek/gab/includes/gab_class_core.php (Zeile 43)Something to worry about?!

Thanks!

The Geek
04-19-2007, 03:23 PM
what is your version of vB?
Did you set the banner to a flash item?
You need to place the $GAB_ads[0] where you want the banner to appear. If you want it to the right of your forums, you will need to put the HTML in to accomidate housing it there.

pixie
04-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for your quick reply. I'm using v3.6.5 - what do you mean when saying: you will need to put the HTML in to accomidate housing it there

The Geek
04-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, $GAB_ads[x] will just spit out the banner html, not create the layout for it. In other words, if you want it to appear to the right of your forumdisplay, you will need to make sure that the layout of the page supports it.

(hope that makes sense!)

The array merge error looks to be a php thing, depending on your version, php may cough if the $globaltemplates array isnt initalized before setting it. I swore I fixed this in the latest version (make sure youre using it!) however the other thread you posted in contains a link to a minor fix.

HTHs!