PDA

View Full Version : GAZ Private Beta 3 Release Discussion

The Geek
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
This release is for the private beta testing team and is primarily aimed at addressing orphaned subscription field database errors from beta 2.

To install, please make sure you totally uninstall beta 2.

If at any time you get a database error for a missing field, run the synchronise subscription fields tool. That will ensure you have no orphaned subscription fields which was causing the previous error.

Please note that this is a private beta and contains known issues. The primary known issues are:

1- Usergroup permissions for browsing old newsletters and sending old newsletters to friends via email is not in place yet.
2- The issue browser does not yet support browsing and emailing old issues to friends if the users browser doesn't support Ajax.
3- There are some phrases that still need to be completed

Note that for testing purposes, I have included some additional settings for you to fill out in your gaz admincp window. These settings will allow you to have the system go through the motion of sending out emails without actually sending anything out. You can specify a directory to write the emails to instead of sending them out. This will allow you to test everything without actually sending an email. I would encourage you to use this facility.

As ever, report bugs in the tracker. If I don't have word from you within the next 7 days, I will assume you are off the testing team :)

Thanks!

Tigratrus
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Will try to get it installed and give it a spin today/tonight...

James and Susan

Milad
04-16-2007, 01:41 AM
Well, I'll be right back. my feedback is coming up.

Thank you :)

Tigratrus
04-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Newsletter Page>Generate New Issue

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.5:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
thread.threadid, thread.title, postusername, postuserid, thread.dateline AS postdateline, thread.lastposter, thread.lastpost, pollid

,thread.forumid, forum.title AS forumtitle
FROM thread as thread

LEFT JOIN forum AS forum ON (thread.forumid = forum.forumid)

WHERE open != 10
AND thread.visible = 1

AND thread.views >= 1000AND thread.replycount >= 50
AND thread.forumid in (94)
ORDER BY thread.dateline DESC
LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'thread.replycount >= 50
ORDER BY thread.datelin' at line 13
Error Number : 1064
Date : Sunday, April 15th 2007 @ 09:46:40 PM
Script : http://www.****.com/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=generatenewissue&id=2
Referrer : http://www.****.com/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=displaynewsletters
IP Address : 71.253.***.**
Username : Susan
Classname : vB_Database

Issue page>Preview Issue>HTML

Info and stats modules show up though I haven't selected stats, and it's not using selected module set. Thread modules not showing, simple text blocks not showing.

Navigator/Issue page>Reset Data

Invalid SQL:

SELECT
thread.threadid, thread.title, postusername, postuserid, thread.dateline AS postdateline, thread.lastposter, thread.lastpost, pollid

,thread.forumid, forum.title AS forumtitle
FROM thread as thread

LEFT JOIN forum AS forum ON (thread.forumid = forum.forumid)

WHERE open != 10
AND thread.visible = 1

AND thread.views >= 1000AND thread.replycount >= 50
ORDER BY thread.dateline DESC
LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'thread.replycount >= 50
ORDER BY thread.datelin' at line 13
Error Number : 1064
Date : Sunday, April 15th 2007 @ 09:58:58 PM
Script : http://www.****/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=refreshissue
Referrer : http://www.****/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=refreshissue&id=5
IP Address : 71.253.***.**
Classname : vB_Database

Issue page>Generate New Data or Refresh Layout

This shows:

1. 1 -
1. 1 - English (US)
2. 3 - Default Style
1. 1 - English (US)
3. 5 - Articles
1. 1 - English (US)
4. 6 - Testing Child of Articles
1. 1 - English (US)
5. 7 - Glossary/Directory
1. 1 - English (US)
6. 17 - All Articles
1. 1 - English (US)
7. 9 - Moderators w/Heckle
1. 1 - English (US)
8. 10 - Blog Style
1. 1 - English (US)
9. 15 - Home
1. 1 - English (US)
10. 16 - Yes. It's IKEA.
1. 1 - English (US)

before the expected 'Saved Issue'

(These are defined styles on our site)

Susan and James

The Geek
04-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Try to set the modules 'hot topics only' to no. Looks like that is causing the problem

Milad
04-17-2007, 06:59 AM
It works fine for me but:
1- module set id doesn't show up.
2- in gmail the sender was like this=?utf-8?B?2KfZhNmF2YTYqtmC2Ykg2KfZhNi32KjZiiDYp9mE2LPZiN ix2YogQmV0YSBHZWVrIEdhemV0dGUgPGluZm9Ac3lyaWFubWVk cy5uZXQ+?=
in outlook (hotmail it was good)

Tigratrus
04-17-2007, 06:53 PM
That did it - that would be a useful feature if it can be fixed.

Ok...today's list:

In the Issue>Data>Refresh Layout or Generate New Data, I still see the text:

1. 1 -
1. 1 - English (US)
2. 3 - Default Style
1. 1 - English (US)
3. 5 - Articles
1. 1 - English (US)
4. 6 - Testing Child of Articles
1. 1 - English (US)
5. 7 - Glossary/Directory
1. 1 - English (US)
6. 17 - All Articles
1. 1 - English (US)
7. 9 - Moderators w/Heckle
1. 1 - English (US)
8. 10 - Blog Style
1. 1 - English (US)
9. 15 - Home
1. 1 - English (US)
10. 16 - Yes. It's IKEA.
1. 1 - English (US)

And the same only doubled (i.e. the above list twice) when in Issue>Reset Data

The times and dates are screwy. For instance in the 'You last visited' the time reads 'Apr 17th, 2007 3:30 at' instead of 'Apr 17th, 2007 at 1:30' Note both the misplaced 'at' and the time difference. Perhaps I'm just missing a variable or two that need to escape? Is there a variable I need to include to make the time zone match the recipient's time zone?I'm still learning about variables.

Also, related: In my thread modules, the date is listed as 'Tuesday the 10th of 2007' instead of the expected 'Apr 17th, 2007, 1:30 pm'.

How difficult would it be to create a photo module? Preferably one that could either pull the most recently uploaded photos or a selected group of photos. We're using PhotoPlog, but I would have not a clue where to start to create such a thing. I imagine a photo module would be beneficial to many.

Tools>Synchronize Subscription Fields>Database error:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT COLUMN_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE table_name = 'gaz_subscriptions' AND table_schema='****_vbulletin';

MySQL Error : SELECT command denied to user '****_admin'@'localhost' for table 'columns'
Error Number : 1142
Date : Tuesday, April 17th 2007 @ 03:55:12 PM
Script : http://www.****.biz/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=syncsubfields
Referrer : http://www.***.biz/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=tools
IP Address : 70.104.***.***
Classname : vb_database
FYI: We moved our testing over to a test server - sql permissions may not be set correctly - investigating now.

Is there way to set the max character number for previews on thread modules? I really need this or the preview function is almost useless to me.

Also would be nice to be able to select specific threads to include in a thread module a la the vBAdvanced CMPS News Module.

That's all for now. :)

For the record, I'm using Windows XP and Firefox 1.5.0.11 as well as Internet Explorer 6.0SP2 for testing.

Susan and James

The Geek
04-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys.

A couple of questions:

@Milad: Where does the module set id not show up? If you could pm me the entire header of the suspect emial, it would help too!

@Tig:
1- What youre seeing there is verbose output while GAZ builds a snapshot of the newsletter for each style and each language. That is by design though I may gussy it up somewhat :D
2- Make sure that lands in the tracker please :D
3- Additional modules will be (relativly) easy to make though I think I will create a poll and/or gars one before I build a gallery one. Maybe we can jazz up some users to make some?
4- That is a SQL premissions error. Check them out as it looks like youre restricted?
5- IIRC its currently hard coded, but will be a setting soon :)
6- Hmmmm.... Do you mean a simple setting that accepts a comma seperated list of threadids?

Thanks for your time guys

Tigratrus
04-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Aha!
Will do when done here
GARS one would be cool. Gallery would be top of my list, but I understand you've got to do what's most desirable to the masses. Wish I knew enough to create one. Lizard King?
Yep. SQL. Yep.
Great!
That would work, although I was thinking of CMPS's Edit Threads where you choose a forum, then the list of threads comes up and you select and submit one or more for inclusion. You don't have to find threadids - it's pretty idiot proof.

Thank YOU!

Lizard King
04-18-2007, 07:39 AM
I can try to throw out a gallery module for vbgallery also i am planning to have a vblogetin module but the problem is i am so busy these days. I can hardly find time to surf around. At least i can start that in 10 days.

kall
04-20-2007, 10:10 PM
If anyone *does* happen to drop off due to non-response, are those of us who missed out in with a chance to join the group? :)

The Geek
04-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Sure Kall, there may be room by the end of this weekend if I havent heard from a couple people :)

Ganondorf
04-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Or if to appear a vacant, I also would like very to participate, am always ready to help.