PDA

View Full Version : GAZ for Dummies

Tigratrus
04-04-2007, 08:20 PM
Ok, so I read through the other threads and tho I don't understand most of it, I trust you guys know what you're talking about. :p

Besides, I'm just here to idiot-proof, so....laugh if you want, but here goes:
In Issue, the Module set repeatedly defaults to 'Default' instead of my customized set, despite several attempts to reset and save, no small amount of cursing, etc.
This may be part and parcel of the above, but...when attempting to preview a newsletter, I get empty modules and/or modules in the wrong places. For instance, I have several Simple Text modules completed for the center column, yet I only see one Info box nicely titled 'Info' with nothing in it in the right column. The Statistics module was requested to be displayed on the bottom, but shows up instead on the right. Edited to add: This happens when I change the Default modules to my customized modules, but it doesn't take and then I preview - obviously cuz it's using Default modules instead of my own.
When in Generators, attempts to generate an issue results in errors (on a frustratingly fast-disappearing page, I might add):Warning: Missing argument 1 for GAZ_class_cron::GAZ_class_cron(), called in /home/ikeafans/public_html/forums/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_admin_functions.php on line 33 and defined in /geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_cron.php on line 22

Warning: Missing argument 5 for GAZ_base::run_mod(), called in /home/ikeafans/public_html/forums/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 159 and defined in /geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 226

Warning: Missing argument 5 for GAZ_base::run_mod(), called in /home/ikeafans/public_html/forums/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 159 and defined in /geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 226

Warning: Missing argument 5 for GAZ_base::run_mod(), called in /home/ikeafans/public_html/forums/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 173 and defined in /geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 226

Warning: Missing argument 5 for GAZ_base::run_mod(), called in /home/ikeafans/public_html/forums/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 173 and defined in /geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 226

Warning: Missing argument 5 for GAZ_base::run_mod(), called in /home/ikeafans/public_html/forums/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 173 and defined in /geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 226Additionally, there is a vBulletin message at the bottom which says 'Saved %1$s'. Without the quotes, of course.
When in Generator, attempts to Preview last HTML or Preview last Text Issue results in 'Page Not Found'
In Navigator, Preview HTML works fine, but refreshing data results in the following error: Warning: Missing argument 5 for GAZ_base::run_mod(), called in /home/ikeafans/public_html/forums/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 159 and defined in /geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 226

Database error The **** database has encountered a problem. Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh (http://www.ikeafans.com/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=refreshissue#) button in your web browser.
Open the www.****.com (http://www.ikeafans.com/) home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:history.back%281%29) button to try another link.The www.****.com (http://www.ikeafans.com) forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them (jameslmartin@verizon.net) if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Database error in vBulletin 3.6.5:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT

thread.threadid, thread.title, postusername, postuserid, thread.dateline AS postdateline, thread.lastposter, thread.lastpost, pollid

,thread.forumid, forum.title AS forumtitle
FROM thread as thread
LEFT JOIN forum AS forum ON (thread.forumid = forum.forumid)
WHERE open != 10 AND thread.visible = 1 AND thread.lastpost >= 1174017600

ORDER BY thread.dateline DESC
LIMIT;

MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 13
Error Number : 1064
Date : Wednesday, April 4th 2007 @ 04:11:14 PM
Script : http://www.****.com/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=refreshissue
Referrer : http://www.****.com/forums/admincp/gaz_admin.php?do=refreshissue&id=1
IP Address : ########
Username : Susan
Classname : vB_Database

In Issue, using the Preview Issue HTML | Text works fine and displays the modules, although not all of those expected, particularly ones that are supposed to be in the right column. Edited to add: This happens when I change the module set to my customized version and preview before saving.

Don't know how much of this is user error vs. bugginess. I'd be happy to report any of the above in the bug tracker on request.

That's all for today. ;)

Susan of Susan and James

The Geek
04-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys, there have been some radical changes to GAZ with Kirby's input and I suspect a new private beta will be out in the next few working days.

Thanks for your help :)

Tigratrus
04-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Cool. My aching head thanks you (and Kirby). :D

Susan