PDA

View Full Version : Screenshots or DEMO please. :)

lord_brar
10-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi!

I am all set to purchase Geek Autolinker. However, there is something I need to see before I make the purchase. I need either screenshot or demo of the statistics it displays.

Is it possible? ;)

Also, I know you run a pretty huge site but still I want to confirm : How scalable is this hack. I mean, how far have you stress tested it?

PS : A pre-sales forum would be helpful. ;)

The Geek
10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Heres a demo -> http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=223 in action (funnily enough, your post is also another good example!).

As far as scalability - thats a tough one to answer. My sites pretty freaking massive, but I really dont have more than about 20 GALs right now. Obviously the more you add, the more pre_replacing has to occur which can be server intensive.
A couple of people had mentioned a marked decrease in performance with the previous version (2 out of about 150 installs) while the rest seemed fine.
In fact, I remember helping one guy on his site and he had over 900 GALs and never noticed ANY slow down.

Much is going to depend on the current load of your servers. If they are operating well within capacity, then I doubt the extra CPU time will impact performance.

To sum it up: Yes, it will impact performace. The more GALs, the more processing. Though saying that, there are tools within GAL to minimise the impact.

HTH's

lord_brar
10-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Samuel, I have seen the demo of the page, however, I wanted to see the statistics it produces in the admincp (what I will be showing to my advertisers).

Thanks. :)

The Geek
10-12-2005, 04:09 PM
duh ;)

Where was my head?!?. Heres a couple shots. One of the stats for an item on my other site for past 2 days, the other is of the 'add screen' to show you some of the options.

HTH's!

KTBleeding
10-12-2005, 07:58 PM
Geek, just so you are aware..

The GAL popups are hard to catch on the element blue style because the links look exactly like the text. You may want to change that for some new people who won't know exactly what to mouse over to see the popup. ;)

cmiller1014
10-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Geek, just so you are aware..

The GAL popups are hard to catch on the element blue style because the links look exactly like the text. You may want to change that for some new people who won't know exactly what to mouse over to see the popup. ;)

Aye - I was just thinking that while reading this thread.

The Geek
10-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Ditto. Was thinking it as I was posting!

sokrates4612
07-27-2007, 10:33 AM
I dont know if I am blind, but I dont see any GAL demo working. Where is it?

henrikhansen
07-27-2007, 06:44 PM
It is temporarily off the site until GAL 6.0 is released.