PDA

View Full Version : I like geekmart I'm playing around with the settings now.

FRAiD
02-19-2007, 12:40 AM
No issues yet with 3.64 in case any of you are wondering about getting it.

Man I am so excited right now.

Would it be possible to set the memberships up to last like yearly though? Because it looks like you can set them by usergroup right now but set an expiration date out in the future.

I'll keep playing around now...

Tigratrus
02-19-2007, 01:43 AM
Hey there!

Appreciate the feedback, we're really interested in GM too... Haven't bought it yet as we always have questions during implementation ;-). If you don't mind we'd love to hear your continued impressions? Very excited about the possibility of someone else *maybe* coming onboard to help the Geek out, we'd love to jump on the GeekMart wagon if it goes live again. In the mean time it's useful to hear from someone implementing it...

James and Susan

FRAiD
02-19-2007, 04:33 AM
Hey there!

Appreciate the feedback, we're really interested in GM too... Haven't bought it yet as we always have questions during implementation ;-). If you don't mind we'd love to hear your continued impressions? Very excited about the possibility of someone else *maybe* coming onboard to help the Geek out, we'd love to jump on the GeekMart wagon if it goes live again. In the mean time it's useful to hear from someone implementing it...

James and Susan

What do you plan to use it for? I don't plan to be shipping any good with it now, but overall I'm pleased so far. I can verify that it does work in vB 3.64 though. (Now I haven't tried buying anything etc. but I haven't had anything break vB either.)

If you need a vB shopping cart system, just buy it. For just $50 USD it will be well worth it once I fully implement it.

The Geek
02-19-2007, 04:36 PM
THats great news Fraid - you can specify any time frame for the promotion - you just have to enter the # of seconds in the settings :)

Tigratrus
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Paypal and PM sent. I have a feeling that GM will be a near perfect fit for handling the purchase part of the moderately complicated donation system we're planning/designing.

If all pans out with having someone new helping Geek with GM development, maybe we can get a Google Checkout processor module someday down the road. In the mean time I'm looking forward to playing with it and seeing how we can warp it into doing new and creative things. We love the tweakability of the G* products ;-).

James and Susan

FRAiD
02-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Yah, I still haven't set everything up entirely, but if I have any issues I'll start a new thread to see if any other members know a fix etc.

joh
02-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Fraid, did you checkout the payment, and pm function system as of yet.

Geek, what was the reasons you stop the sale of the scrip? If we know what they are, we can all help to resolve them.

Tigratrus
02-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Got so busy with our press release I havn't even loaded it yet! ;)
Hopefully I'll get it installed today and I can start playing too...

joh,

Geek was pretty straight forward about why he stopped development; he's simply spread too thin. GARS, GAL and GAB consume all the time he has to spend (and then some I imagine :p) and he didn't feel that he could, in good conscience, add another product if he wouldn’t have enough time to develop/support it along with the other 3. I have to admire the strength of character that takes, esp when you see all the people who’ve dropped by waving money and begging a license even though it’s not currently in development and unsupported.

I don’t *think* there was ever any real show stoppers in the GeekMart development, just the fact that it would take more time than he has… On the very positive side, it’s looking like there is a definite possibility that he’s found someone willing to team with him and pickup the development of GeekMart from where it is currently. That would/will be a happy day indeed… The vB world can definitely use some more Geekiness! I only hope the error/system message maintain that distinctive “Geek touch” :D

James and Susan

The Geek
02-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Tig is right, there arent any real show stoppers in GeekMart however it does need some code tidy and some documentation. The reason I pulled it was because 'something had to go' and GM was it. I am talking to a coder now who is eager to come on board to assist with it. Only because now I have traded support requests for purchase requests and that too is taking up too much of my time :)

maxmail
02-23-2007, 07:34 PM
I'd love to be a beta-tester if you would let me

Tigratrus
02-24-2007, 09:17 PM
Seriously, if you're looking for a vB integrated shopping cart and you don't mind being limited to paypal, you'll probably be quite happy. I haven't been able to test a full round trip yet, because paypal's sandbox system seems to be down atm, and I can't buy from myself with my own paypal account, but it handed the purchase off to paypal just fine when I switched to live.

And the config is quite decent, I do believe this is Geek's best install/config documentation yet. We ALWAYS have questions when we start with a new hack/mod and I got the entire thing up and running with our initial products in in just an hour or two, with no real problems at all.

VERY impressed so far. Even in it's current state, it's looking like it will do everything we need. And it's totally integrated from the start, you just need to pop a link in on your navbar (or where ever) to go to the geekmart.php (or whatever you rename it to) If there's further development coming down the Pike I'm one seriously happy admin right now.

GM for the WIN! Seriously... Good job Geek, much easier to setup/use than GAL and orders of magnitude simpler than GARS;) . And love the system messages as always:D

A very happy,

James and Susan

FRAiD
02-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Quick question:

chomd'ing the images folder... I only have three digits to chmod through my ftp program (smart ftp) not four like is indicated in the read me.

So I just did 777 (when it asks for 0777) I assume that is fine lol. Anyone know?

Tigratrus
02-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Go to the ACP -> Geekmart -> Settings -> Geekmart Script Name (default geekmart)

Then just enter the new name of the file without the extension. So if you want it to be "store" just put store in the box and then rename the geekmart.php file to store.php in your forum root. Works like a charm.

Everything's been very smooth here so far.

Heh... I see you found that out ;).

Re: the chmod, yup... 777 should do you just fine!

James and Susan

The Geek
02-28-2007, 06:16 PM
great news :) Ill make an announcement on the new developer too. THings should start to progress a bit for GM :)