PDA

View Full Version : Just a few questions before I purchase?!

DerTobi75
10-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi,

I need a small ShopSystem for my website. I want to sell T-Shirts and other Goodies.

- So, is it possible to sell e.g. T-Shirts with GeekMart, where a product good have different attributs like size or color etc.?

- What kind of payment methods are there, because a lot of my users do not have an PayPal account

- Can GeekMart "write" Invoices or even better can create an invoice as pdf and send it to the customer?

- A user of mine does all that selling stuff for me, is there maybe some kind of admincp, a user with given permission can access and see all orders?

Oops, sorry for my english I am a little bit disy today, I hope you understand, what I mean ;)

Regards,

Tobi

The Geek
10-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey there,

Yes, you can sell products with differing attributes. A T-Shirt is a perfect example I use often.
Currently, only PayPal is set up as a payment handler. However the next version is designed to add handlers easily (relatively). Users can actually pay without a paypal account via paypal with a credit card.

GM doesn't write specific invoices per say, however I'm sure its something I could possibly do depending on what type of info you are after.

There is a facility to make a member a vendor which will allow them to manage items they are vendors for. I'm sure a mod system can also follow.

GeekMart is still early beta. There are many more features to come (next iteration is massive).

Hope this helps!

DerTobi75
10-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi,

thanks for your fast answer! Seems like I wait for the next version and get it then!

With invoice I just meant something I can print, send it with the T-shirt and also have something to prove my income! Ah, by the way, can GM handle taxes?

Regrads,

Tobi

The Geek
10-04-2005, 09:52 PM
No tax calculator yet :(

And no invoice printing ability (yet). Im sure I can add that without too much of a problem though. All data is stored so its just a matter of formatting it.

Watch this space ;)

DerTobi75
10-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Hi,

No tax calculator yet :(
ah, this is a feature I really need, without I cannot use it ;( The invoice thing is like a nice to have feature, not more...

Watch this space ;)
I sure will ;)

Regards,

Tobi

DerTobi75
10-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi Geek,

can you give me an update on how far you are from an new update?! I need a small shopsystem for my site, GeekMart really looks sweet and promising for this job!

But as I wrote before, I need another payment handler than paypal. Moneyorder would be great, I just need something to set manually a "OK customer has paid, give the stuff he ordered a go" ;)

Reagrds,

Tobi

The Geek
10-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Hey Tobi,

Another payment handler is a bit off for me. THere are many more features to develop first :(
As soon as the next iteration of GARS is out, ill see what I can do about another handler. What one do you use?

DerTobi75
10-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi,

as I wrote, something like moneyorder, it's what I know from Oscommerce, would be great. It is really simple, like customer makes his order, choose "moneyorder", gets an invoice number and my bank account number, transfers the money to my bank account, without the internet, the old fashion way ;) One day I see the money he sent on my bank account right besides the invoice number and send out the stuff he ordered.

Uff, I just need to refresh my english skills ;)

Here in germany, a lot of people do not trust in internet banking and most of my users do not have an paypal account, that is my problem right now ...

Tobi