PDA

View Full Version : thevbgeek needs a stock vB style

Crow
09-26-2005, 06:38 PM
I think this site needs to have the option to see these hacks in a standered vB install, so people can see the product and not think its just a style.

Bad Bunny
09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Not a bad suggestion if you ask me. Not something I would have thought of either.

The Geek
09-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Agreed. Only reason I removed the style selector is because it didnt work with this skin and I have a lot of custom templates I have to port over to the others. Hopefully I can get this sorted soon ;)

KW802
09-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Agreed. Only reason I removed the style selector is because it didnt work with this skin and I have a lot of custom templates I have to port over to the others. Hopefully I can get this sorted soon ;)You should have the custom styles as a child of the default vB style and then when you do custom templates add them to the parent style so that they are automatically inherited by the child styles. :)

The Geek
09-26-2005, 11:00 PM
I know - BAD GEEK! BAD!

I got a little zippy when I set the board up and installed a couple styles at the root level which has proved to be an large butt pain.

Good think I code and not style :)

The Geek
09-27-2005, 12:49 PM
ask and ye shall receive. Behold the power of the style selector! :)

Michael
09-29-2005, 03:23 PM
* Michael is in love with this Element Blue style :)

The Geek
09-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Ditto. It gives me horn. I think its the best commercial skin ive seen.

Fleabag
10-02-2005, 02:58 AM
I was just coming here to ask about this Style. Firstly, just wanted to let you know that the right hand border image doesn't work in FF, but does in IE. I had the same problem attempting to get the same effect on my site... And gave up!

Secondly, your funky navbar, did you pay for that as part of the style or is it your work? I really want your header and footer templates, where can I get them lol?

The Geek
10-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Thanks Flea. Which style? Element? That ones a commercial style from www.vbstyles.com (http://www.vbstyles.com) (well worth every penny). The others are styles from vb.org :)

Fleabag
10-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Yeah it's Element I was referring to, sorry! I didn't see the footer here last night, although it was very late hehe. I might consider buying it then, not sure though as it's just 2 templates I'm after, will try to figure it out myself first heh. :)

The Geek
10-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Give Sony a PM - hes a member on the site :)

By funky navbar-> do you mean the breadcrumb thing? The styles pretty sweet and very reasonably priced IMO.

Fleabag
10-02-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah the breadcrumb is cool... Thinking about it I recall switching mine to a one liner previously, shouldn't be too hard to do again! :D I'd always asumed getting the forum description to show in showthread would require file edits, but seeing as it's part of the style I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to do myself. I'll see how it goes. :)