PDA

View Full Version : Geek Gallery Popup 4.0

kihon kata
09-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Geek:

Can you kindly add updating this (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99011) to your "to do" list? ;)

Us users of it would greatly appreciate it. I'd gladly pitch in also

My users creamed themselves over this when I added it but it died when updating to 3.6

Thanks very much!!! :)

The Geek
09-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Sorry Tony, I know youre itching for it. I bet its not even a big deal to upgrade - I just havent gotten to it yet as Ive been busting ass on GARS and GAL. I should be able to pop it open next week. Feel free to bump next week if you havent gotten word yet

kihon kata
09-06-2006, 10:02 PM
Hehe
Ichin and scratchin as I bow down to one of the best coders around.

Thanks again, Geek

Lizard King
09-06-2006, 10:38 PM
I have it working with 3.6.0 and vbgallery

kihon kata
09-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Do tell us your secrets. :)

Lizard King
09-07-2006, 08:02 AM
There is no secret about it :) Just made the necessary template edit and till then i am using without any modiying. If you have vbseo you may want to enter geek-gallery-popup.php to exclude pages section.

kihon kata
09-07-2006, 01:32 PM
There is no secret about it :) Just made the necessary template edit and till then i am using without any modiying. If you have vbseo you may want to enter geek-gallery-popup.php to exclude pages section.
when I upgraded my board to 3.6, he died. Are you running vba gallery beta 2 from photopost?

Lizard King
09-07-2006, 05:22 PM
when I upgraded my board to 3.6, he died. Are you running vba gallery beta 2 from photopost?
yes

what kind of error are you facing

kihon kata
09-17-2006, 02:16 AM
Geek! Here I am Bumping this :)

on 3.6.1, btw

kihon kata
09-20-2006, 02:35 AM
Bump, 3 days later :)

Geek wake up are you alive?

The Geek
09-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Yes, but I have countless antsy GAL 5.0 people waiting on its release that has been being promised for the last month. I need to get that out first mate. Hell, you are going to love it since your on old GALer yourself.

kihon kata
09-23-2006, 01:47 PM
Yep, I'm a GALler and I'll prolly BUY that again also! But I'm waiting with baited breath for the Geek Galllery Popup for 3.6.1 also

I'll be watching for them

Yes, but I have countless antsy GAL 5.0 people waiting on its release that has been being promised for the last month. I need to get that out first mate. Hell, you are going to love it since your on old GALer yourself.

kihon kata
09-30-2006, 06:01 AM
Boo hoo hoo hoo:(

Lizard King
10-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Boo hoo hoo hoo:(
Can you explain what problem do you face. Maybe that way we can try to help you. Maybe a link where we can check.

kihon kata
10-03-2006, 04:08 AM
Hi Lizard, I have re-tried this on my 3.6.1 patched board and here are ther results when I click on my pics in the smiliebox:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.1:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT count(imageid) total FROM makeuptalk.photos WHERE userid=4;

MySQL Error : Table 'makeuptalk.photos' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Date : Monday, October 2nd 2006 @ 09:05:48 PM
Script : http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/geek-gallery-popup.php?ed=vB_Editor_001
Referrer : http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=15
IP Address :
Username :
Classname : vB_Database

My site is here: www.MakeupTalk.com

Lizard King
10-07-2006, 03:21 PM
You receive that error because makeuptalk.photos table doesn't exist. check your database via phpmyadmin and make sure if there is photos table over there. did you switch servers anytime soon.

kihon kata
10-09-2006, 04:37 AM
You receive that error because makeuptalk.photos table doesn't exist. check your database via phpmyadmin and make sure if there is photos table over there. did you switch servers anytime soon.
I'm just about positive that I never had a table named that before. In fact, non of my tables were ever named makeuptalk.XXXXXX

I switched servers back in June, but the gallery popup didn't die until after I upgraded to 3.6

I'm now on 3.6.2 and would love to be able to use this again someday

The Geek
10-09-2006, 07:01 AM
THat will be the name of your database. Maybe you changed the name of your DB from makeuptalk to mynewmakeuptalk?

kihon kata
10-13-2006, 05:10 AM
THat will be the name of your database. Maybe you changed the name of your DB from makeuptalk to mynewmakeuptalk?
no DB name changes occured. My DB is (and always has been) called just 'makeupalk'.

I can tell you that I do NOT have a table called 'photos' either. All my tables for the gallery are like this: ppgal_XXXXXXX

Any other ideas?

The Geek
10-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I know I should pop open the code to get the exact setting, however Im pressed for time right now...

Isnt there a setting for the photo db prefix? If so, you may want to add ppgal_ as the option as it isnt coming through in that select statement.

Lizard King
10-14-2006, 10:38 AM
In that case there is a easy fix for you. As i don't know photopost table structure you shall modify the following query in geek-gallery-popup.php

$pages = $db->query_first("SELECT count(id) total FROM $gallery_db" . $pp_prefix . "photos WHERE userid=$userid ");
require_once('./includes/functions.php');
$navigation = construct_page_nav($page, $perpage, $pages['total'], "geek-gallery-popup.php?" . $vbulletin->session->vars['sessionurl'] . "&catid=" . $catid . "&ed=" . $ed);
$start = ($page-1) * $perpage;
$query="SELECT
images.id AS imageid,images.cat,c.catname AS cattitle,'' AS extention,images.title,
images.bigimage AS filename,images.medsize,images.width owidth, images.height oheight,images.medwidth width,images.medheight height
FROM $gallery_db" . $pp_prefix . "photos AS images
INNER JOIN $gallery_db" . $pp_prefix . "categories AS c on images.cat=c.id
WHERE images.userid=$userid and images.approved=1 ORDER BY images.date DESC LIMIT $start ," . ($perpage);

but this may work

$pages = $db->query_first("SELECT count(id) total FROM ppgal_photos WHERE userid=$userid ");
$navigation = construct_page_nav($page, $perpage, $pages['total'], "geek-gallery-popup.php?" . $vbulletin->session->vars['sessionurl'] . "&catid=" . $catid . "&ed=" . $ed);
$query="SELECT
images.id AS imageid,images.cat,c.catname AS cattitle,'' AS extention,images.title,
images.bigimage AS filename,images.medsize,images.width owidth, images.height oheight,images.medwidth width,images.medheight height
FROM ppgal_photos AS images
INNER JOIN ppgal_categories AS c on images.cat=c.id
WHERE images.userid=$userid and images.approved=1 ORDER BY images.date DESC LIMIT $start ," . ($perpage);

Lizard King
10-24-2006, 12:52 PM
I had the same problem with the new gallery so i modified the hack a little bit to work with the new one.

If you receive any database error for geek gallery popup download and install the following one.

vissa
10-31-2006, 01:58 AM
I do know that vbagallaery changed every single table when they upgraded to 2.0. That could be the problem. They did it primarily for marketing reasons to remove the old gallery titles from the table names. It broke a lot of other plug-ins, but shouldn't be too hard to fix.

-vissa

kihon kata
11-01-2006, 04:01 AM
In that case there is a easy fix for you. As i don't know photopost table structure you shall modify the following query in geek-gallery-popup.php

$pages = $db->query_first("SELECT count(id) total FROM $gallery_db" . $pp_prefix . "photos WHERE userid=$userid ");
$query="SELECT
FROM $gallery_db" . $pp_prefix . "photos AS images
INNER JOIN $gallery_db" . $pp_prefix . "categories AS c on images.cat=c.id

but this may work

$pages = $db->query_first("SELECT count(id) total FROM ppgal_photos WHERE userid=$userid ");
$query="SELECT
FROM ppgal_photos AS images
INNER JOIN ppgal_categories AS c on images.cat=c.id

I tried this fix and this is what I get:

Database error in vBulletin 3.6.2:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT count(id) total FROM ppgal_photos WHERE userid=4;

MySQL Error : Table 'makeuptalk.ppgal_photos' doesn't exist
Error Number : 1146
Date : Tuesday, October 31st 2006 @ 08:58:50 PM
Script : http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/geek-gallery-popup.php?ed=vB_Editor_001
Referrer : http://www.makeuptalk.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=15
IP Address :
Username :
Classname : vB_Database

Looks like it's still trying to attach the first name makeuptalk

Lizard King
11-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Did you check this post http://www.thevbgeek.com/showpost.php?p=13557&postcount=22

kihon kata
11-01-2006, 12:27 PM
Did you check this post http://www.thevbgeek.com/showpost.php?p=13557&postcount=22
Yes, still DB error.

Lizard King
11-02-2006, 06:37 AM
Yes, still DB error.
What error do you still get and what is your current settings. The second file is working perfect with me.

cellarius
11-08-2006, 06:02 AM
Hi there,

just installed Photopost 5.5 and the Popup - really works like a charm and out of the box. No errors whatsoever.

Sven

LBmtb
11-13-2006, 06:05 PM
I have the same problem that this person does (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1082706&postcount=171). Also . . . instead of using the small thumbnails, can there be an option to insert a clickable medium sized image which links to the large size? That would be awesome. I can pitch in 20 bucks via paypal if it'd help?

Thanks!

The Geek
11-14-2006, 03:44 PM
This vb.org release is totally unsupported and as much as I dig it, I cant spend any time on its development. I may PM Michael about it and see if they want to redev it for their products.

kihon kata
01-02-2007, 01:24 AM
LMK if someone else wants to support it

Lionel
02-18-2007, 10:09 PM
that gallery popup is the best for me. It allows to break the display monotony of vb attachments by alternating images left and right. I'd love to be able to upload to gallery directly from there. That would compensate for what vb lacks the most and is available in most editors.

Geek, I suppose some bowing, begging and praying won't do the trick?

I wanted to add that there was also a small bug: if the user clicks anywhere on the canvas, the image displays there, not in the textarea. I think it should be confined to textarea. If no click in there, then there should be no action.

The Geek
02-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Ya, its a known issue (has been since I released it since I never updated it). I would love to expand it - but sadly I lack any time to spend on it. I was kind of hoping the community would pick it up and run with it - but it seldom ever seems the case :(

drewstr
02-28-2007, 04:37 AM
Hi Geek,

The folks you might want to talk to are over at vblogetin.com. They have been recommending your product as a stop gap measure until they can get their own product up to speed.

It works fine on my site as is (vb 3.6.4 and pp 5.3.1) except for the IE error of posting images in the header.

I'm not that familiar with your other products, but I will be looking into some of them. Why not make this one paid as well?

I will gladly pay $100 or so for you to see about fixing this one IE issue on my board. Please email me if you would be willing to help.

I understand about having to support too many products with too little time. But, I think you may have underestimated demand for this product?

Thanks,
Drew

The Geek
02-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks Drew, we are in discussions about possibly working together to iron some of these issues out :)
The reason for the lack of support on it isnt to do with the price tag, its to do with the time tag :)

HTHs

drewstr
03-01-2007, 04:54 AM
Thanks for the update. Hope you guys can get something worked out. I like the product.

zkilzz
04-18-2007, 07:42 AM
I got a problem with loading pictures. It takes forever when you have over 500 images or so. Anything to do with that? :D

The Geek
04-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Not too sure on that one :) Its been awhile since I even looked at the code. The guys over at vbloggetin were looking to revamp the old code, not sure how it is coming along though

kihon kata
06-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Resurrecting this thread, once again. Anyone care to help? Geek? Anything?

The Geek
06-24-2007, 03:03 PM
Havent got any news on this, sorry :(

kihon kata
06-24-2007, 04:13 PM
:( :( :( :(

Lizard King
06-25-2007, 12:54 AM
What is your problem ? Geek Gallery Popup is working pretty good.

jluerken
06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Its working fine for me on my 3.6.7 PL1 installation.
I gave some upgrade instructions here on the board and that fixed all issues for me. Can't remember them but its working for me.

tormodg
08-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Its working fine for me on my 3.6.7 PL1 installation.
I gave some upgrade instructions here on the board and that fixed all issues for me. Can't remember them but its working for me.

Where? Pretty please? It's only working for ME, none of my users get it to work...:eek: