PDA

View Full Version : "Installed" module that shows usernames?

trana
08-25-2006, 09:25 PM
I can't seem to find a way to do this. Does anyone have a module that allows the names of the members who have clicked the install button to be listed under the article?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks!

trana
08-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Would this be considered an "Installed" module or a "Thank You" hack?

The Geek
08-29-2006, 09:49 PM
POssibly, however it wouldnt be a very difficult module to make. Right now, its not that different than the vb Release module that shows all those that clicked install. Its just that right now its on a seperate page.

trana
09-06-2006, 02:38 AM
POssibly, however it wouldnt be a very difficult module to make. Right now, its not that different than the vb Release module that shows all those that clicked install. Its just that right now its on a seperate page.

I guess this is the "Post Thank You Hack" on .org. It would be great if this was just a module or set to turn on in GARS. I can imagine some very cool things if this was linked to my article system.

trana
09-07-2006, 10:45 PM
Bump.

(before the geek moves on to other projects...)

The Geek
09-08-2006, 06:39 AM
Its easily done, its just finding the time ;)

Basically you want a public display of marked.php

trana
10-05-2006, 04:33 AM
Its easily done, its just finding the time ;)

Basically you want a public display of marked.php

Can anyone help me with this one? This would eliminate the need for the "Thank You" hack. (a MOTM if I remember).

Thanks!

trana
10-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Bump.

Anyone else interested in this?

trana
11-04-2006, 09:36 PM
OK, so if no one is working on this, has anyone tried to use the Post Thank You Hack on vbulletin.org within a GARS forum? It seems easier to have this integrated to GARS since the data handlers are already there, I just can't figure out how to display who has checked the "install" button publicly underneath the post!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

trana
12-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Anybody else interested in this functionality?

The Geek
12-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Hey trana, I would love to do it as it is so freaking easy to do - I just dont have the time right now :(

All that needs to be done is to look at the marked.php code and put some of it in a display module.