PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for us non-hackers

Fred Weiss
04-21-2006, 04:58 AM
I have never had the time to really get into learning the template structure of vBulletin to the point that I am doing anything other than taking shots in the dark at where to place banners. So I offer the suggestion that a list of recommended templates and placement within the template be posted for your top 5 or 10 places to position a banner ad in vBulletin.

The Geek
04-21-2006, 08:08 AM
The most standard is at the very end of the navbar maybe some others can pitch in where they stick them and Ill compile a list.

Cole
04-23-2006, 10:05 PM
The most standard is at the very end of the navbar maybe some others can pitch in where they stick them and Ill compile a list.

How about you make an add-on modification that uses an str_replace to the templatecache to add the advert code in different areas. I would, but I don't have a license to that specific product.

I do that all the time in some of my hacks at vB.org and use it alot at my own website to save me grief when upgrading. :)

The Geek
04-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey Cole, its a good suggestion and Ill look into it - my only hesitation is that str_replace is still a prettu heavy process on large areas of code. However you have given me a good idea for a potentially similar solution :)