PDA

View Full Version : Setting up paypal and Geekmart

toibs
04-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Just been playing with setting this up... however Paypal setup requests a "paypal return url". Any ideas what this should be??

You must enter a properly formatted Return URL. If you do not enter a properly formatted Return URL, which includes the Return URL requirements, Auto Return will not be turned on and applied to your Website Payment pages.

Also, they allow encrypted payments. Should this be enabled?

Any more info about settings on this available at all??

Thx
Paul

EDIT : Rats!! this should have been in Troubleshooting... please feel free to move!!! Sorry!

The Geek
04-18-2006, 12:44 PM
That should be done via your paypal configuraton (admincp->GeekMart->Settings->handlers->paypal)

HTHs

toibs
04-18-2006, 07:35 PM
That should be done via your paypal configuraton (admincp->GeekMart->Settings->handlers->paypal)

HTHs

I realise this, however i was wondering what it should be set to...

i.e. http://www.website.com/forums/?????

Thx
Paul

The Geek
04-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Oh, I see. :D

Your IPN setting should be:

geekmart.php?do=ipn

(just like that. If you changed the name of the script... change the above)

toibs
04-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Oh, I see. :D

Your IPN setting should be:

geekmart.php?do=ipn

(just like that. If you changed the name of the script... change the above)

Thought this used PDT (i.e. Website payment preferences & PDT) unless i'm missing the point (which i probably Am...) As opposed to IPN...

Anyhow ive pointed it back to http://www.website.com/forums/geekmart/store.php in the Paypal "Auto Return for website payments" setting....

Does this sound about right?

Thx
Paul

The Geek
04-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Nah, it uses IPN.

Is your geekmart page (store.php) in a folder called geekmart? I would double check that setting.

tommy
06-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Questions:

I already use Paypal the the vb forum subscription system. Will GM interfere with that?

EDIT: I just got of the phone with the Paypal tech (transfer me 3 times to get someone that understood what I was talking about. I told him that i need a place to put two urls for the IPN. He said that you can but there is a fix. He emailed my this code:

The line of code in question is below.

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url"
value="http://www.yoursite.com/ipn.php">

Told me to hard code the url in for GM and to leave the url that I have for vb alone on the paypal site. Does this make sense to anyone? I have no idea how that is suppose to work.

The Geek
06-07-2006, 09:01 AM
That doesnt make any sense - what problem are you having setting GM up with PayPal? Have you set up the correct variables in admincp->GeekMart->Settings->Handlers->PayPal ?

tommy
06-08-2006, 10:13 AM
I want to keep using the vbulletin API for my subscriptions. I want GM to work independently. On the Paypal side, they only allow you one URL when setting up the IPN. Someone suggested that you need two palpal accounts to do what i want to do. Paypal says i don't buy have to add that code in some where.

:confused: :confused:

The Geek
06-12-2006, 11:59 AM
No you shouldnt. I have vbulletin subscriptions AND Geekmart running on the same PayPal account. In admincp->geekmart->settings->handlers->PayPal you can specify the IPN return URL (by default it's geekmart.php?do=ipn) and that is fine enough for GeekMart ;)

tommy
06-12-2006, 03:46 PM
No you shouldnt. I have vbulletin subscriptions AND Geekmart running on the same PayPal account. In admincp->geekmart->settings->handlers->PayPal you can specify the IPN return URL (by default it's geekmart.php?do=ipn) and that is fine enough for GeekMart ;)

Just so I understand, Your using the vbulletin subscription/Paypal payment system and GeekMart/Paypal payment system as two independent programs with the same Paypal account??

Thanks,

The Geek
06-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Yup ;)