PDA

View Full Version : The shop is closed!

The Geek
03-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Hey all,

Just thought I would give you all a quick heads up. The ability to purchase my scripts is on hold for a little while.

Why?

The plain and simple fact is that they are far more popular than I dreamt of and that popularity is grinding my development of projects to a halt. More people buying scripts = more people requesting support = less time to work on open issues and further development.

Therefore I have made the decision to temporarily prevent any more additional purchases of Geek scripts until I can progress my projects further and get ahead of schedule.

Thanks for your support and understanding!

Torqued
03-24-2006, 05:59 PM
http://www.asjcollection.com/board/images/smilies/crybaby.gif

Poop. I was planning on buying some of your scripts this weekend!

http://www.asjcollection.com/board/images/smilies/crybaby.gif

Any guestimates on how long you're going to have sales on hold?

:confused:

Milad
03-24-2006, 06:34 PM
This may spread piracy

The Geek
03-24-2006, 08:15 PM
I've got to do whats right b the guys that have already paid me ;)

If youre really desperate, Im sure I can get you what you want. Its not that I dont want to sell scripts, I just want to lower my support time to maximise my development time.
At the rate Im going, Ill have 5 minutes a week to code with all the users to support ;)

Oh the trials and tribulations of being a one man band!

Mirzone
03-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Hire someone for support, problem solved

moreilly
03-25-2006, 04:47 AM
I've got to do whats right b the guys that have already paid me ;)

If youre really desperate, Im sure I can get you what you want. Its not that I dont want to sell scripts, I just want to lower my support time to maximise my development time.
At the rate Im going, Ill have 5 minutes a week to code with all the users to support ;)

Oh the trials and tribulations of being a one man band!

Darn, I finally found a banner system that looks easy enough I can use. phpadsnew was just too much for me and try and learn with my limited amount of time. I came across your mod at vBulletin.org and hence, found your place. Nice site! I would still love to have this even if your not supporting it as of now. I need to get some kind of banner system up, and yours looks to be just what I need!

Alluidh
03-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi Geek

Not good for me ... I want to buy your shop system with the vbBux / vbPlaza addon in the next 30 days for releasing an old dream, a dream the last years ... Will there be a way to get the shop with this addon from you?

The Geek
03-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Hire someone for support, problem solved
Its not that simple... I've tried :) Problem is, as popular as the scripts are, there really isnt much moolah in it to hire a support guy. Only real option would be to raise the price of the scripts which I really would rather avoid.

Anyway, if someones really pressed, just PM me and Ill see what I can do. The purpose isnt to bum people out, its to prevent people being let down.

Thanks

k40tic
03-25-2006, 10:23 PM
This may spread piracy

I don't think that it may, I know that it will. That's just the world we live in. People always try and get what they want and darn everything else. I support your decision and the reasons for it. I'm just saying.

The Geek
03-25-2006, 10:55 PM
It makes it faster and easier to track down the butt pirates when the coral is closed so to speak ;)

There is little that can be done for thiefs except drop licenses for those that spread the scripts, report sites that distribute and also laugh histerically when they bob round here for support or get stuck with outdated versions.

GoTTi
03-26-2006, 03:57 AM
mr geek u get my pm?

Azhria Lilu
03-26-2006, 10:43 AM
What about for renewels? Will existing customers be able to renew purchases when the time comes? *looks worried ;) *.. hmm that reminds me, I need to change the url for where I've got mine installed..... *wanders off to do so*

XtremeD
03-26-2006, 09:43 PM
:(
We have been waiting for the banner system to cut loose ... guess we should have bought the rc and put it on the test server ... we understand very well the "wish there was 48 hours in a single say" syndrome.

I hope the banner system is one you can release soon. Thanks.

bob
03-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I really, really like the script I have from you. I can understand your situation, though, and I applaud your eagerness to do the right thing as you see it.

I'm just glad I got my auto-linker! :D

The Geek
03-27-2006, 11:52 AM
good point about the renewal thing! However the first renewal wont be for several months so hopefully Ill have it sorted by then!

If you are desperate for a script, just PM me and Ill do what I can to accomidate. Like I said, its just an attempt to put people before the almighty dollar/sterling/euro/yen thing

:)

Ghostsuit
03-27-2006, 01:25 PM
Hard decision but a very respectable one. I'll even try and drop in more often and browse the trouble shoot and see if I can't save you a bit of time.

Nutz
03-28-2006, 12:36 AM
Hard decision but a very respectable one. I'll even try and drop in more often and browse the trouble shoot and see if I can't save you a bit of time.

I agree. However I do think that you should look for some one to help provide support, maybe on a 10% commission bases I'm sure a fan of your work would be happy with that :)

Thanks,
Mat

Loco
03-28-2006, 09:18 AM
hi The Geek,

I commend you on this, I think it's a great idea,, those who where going to buy and ran out of time, there is still GARS lite at vb.org and other scripts. I'm looking forward to seeing what your next creation will be.

-Loco

qwe11
03-28-2006, 10:32 PM
America is always alleged freedom of speech. America is always claimed raging war was only done to free the world. America’s media always claimed showing the truth.
You know what?!
You’ve always been deceived, and you will remain deceived until you learn what the other side’s views are.
We cannot bring you everything to your door steps, you have to step up to the plate and look for the truth.
However, we can tell you that the Mujahedeen have opened the door for you to learn what the American and British governments are trying to hide away from you.

Follow this link and you’ll know what we’re talking about:

[removed]

Don’t be scared, the page is not going to blow up on you. You can either think with your right mind, or keep Bush and Blair thinking for you, it’s your choice.

The Geek
03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
that was an interesting insight! URL removed for pure sanity sake.

KW802
03-29-2006, 04:17 AM
Geek,

How about existing customers purchasing additional licenses? I don't need support, just some additional GAL licenses? :p

The Geek
03-29-2006, 08:35 AM
pm sent :)

KW802
03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
pm sent :)Thank you. :)

Greps
03-30-2006, 01:54 PM
so what's next? ;) I assume the development pace of existing products will be increased?

The Geek
03-30-2006, 07:03 PM
Yup. Thats the whole purpose :)

Ive made some really strong headway the past week and have some very cool fixes and upgrades around the corner (can anyone say GARS 2.0 :) )

Greps
03-30-2006, 10:13 PM
/me rubs his hands in anticipation :D

Freesteyelz
03-31-2006, 01:41 AM
PM sent, The Geek. :)

kidmercury
03-31-2006, 07:11 PM
i know you said you didnt want to raise prices, but just imagine....

higher prices = lower demand but still more $$$ for the geek
higher prices gives you more money and hence you can hire more support

a win-win for everyone! :)

well anyway just my two cents, i'll be watching closely for the return of the Geek.

PHPGeek2k3
04-01-2006, 08:09 AM
right arround when i was planning on buying a script from ya.

Ohh well i guess ill wait either till you start sellin again.

Lookin forward to future updates on the script i have purchased from you.

Thanks
- James

dsotmoon
04-01-2006, 11:03 PM
hmmmm, just when i came to buy GARS, is there a timeline on 2.0, is it worth waiting a few days? weeks? etc?

simsim
04-02-2006, 07:55 AM
hmmmm, just when i came to buy GARS, is there a timeline on 2.0, is it worth waiting a few days? weeks? etc?
GARS 2.0 status (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1323).

GavinZac
04-02-2006, 09:22 PM
ah dang i shouldve bought this a few days ago when i had the chance :( maybe there should be a "i promise i shall not ask for support" option? :D

The Chief
04-05-2006, 03:50 PM
ah dang i shouldve bought this a few days ago when i had the chance :( maybe there should be a "i promise i shall not ask for support" option? :D
yeah, I wanted to buy it like today or tommorow but now I see i can't... :(

this is the forums i wanted to install it on --> http://www.myetalk.com/forums/index.php

The Geek
04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
When gars 2.0 comes out, ill look at reopening. Right now things seem to be under control :)

The Chief
04-05-2006, 10:25 PM
When gars 2.0 comes out, ill look at reopening. Right now things seem to be under control :)
and when would that be?

Richy
04-06-2006, 12:31 PM
If we are lucky, there will be a public beta next weekend. If Im not, it will be before my 80th Birthday :D
http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=1323 :)

Neal
04-07-2006, 05:57 AM
i've just manage to purchase everything, just go to download and then purchase. I've purchased more or less two of everything, love the work and stuff!

Fabianv
04-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Ok.. ive been waiting for 2 weeks now to purchase this code :confused: :confused:

I want to buy it so badly!!! Email me pls at admin@cgcentral.net asap so I can find out whats going on.

You dont wanna lose customers do you? :( Not that you'd lose me im just desperate for that code.

Fabianv
04-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Must.. have.. *sniff* :(

This is depressing..

The Geek
04-08-2006, 04:31 PM
did you read the post right before yours? There is a pretty well known way around the closed sign ifyou are really pressed for the script, just be aware that your support will be somewhat limited

gothic
04-08-2006, 07:47 PM
i've just manage to purchase everything, just go to download and then purchase. I've purchased more or less two of everything, love the work and stuff!
Thanks for the tip..... worked treat ;) ;)

Neal
04-09-2006, 12:00 AM

Here it is again for those who want it and don't want much support at the present.

GoTTi
04-10-2006, 06:41 AM
mr geek u get my pm?

MrGeeK
04-14-2006, 02:16 PM
ooh baby, I've been sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out how to make do with only my current licenses and then I see this...

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho, It's off to buy I go!

gothic
04-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Hi-Ho Hi-Ho, It's off to buy I go!
:D :D
Nice

vnjporg
05-08-2006, 08:21 AM
When can I buy the product again?

The Geek
05-09-2006, 05:16 AM
sooooon :)

princessfrozen
05-14-2006, 02:33 AM
How soon is soon? I want to get the autolinker up and going but I don't want to mess around with the lite version if I can buy the pro version (what I want) relatively soon (like in the next week).

The Geek
05-14-2006, 09:40 AM
I may get some items up today

princessfrozen
05-14-2006, 03:23 PM
outstanding! :)

kienntdq
06-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Admin: How buy AutoLinker LITE version?

The Geek
06-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Can't buy it. It's free over on vbulletin.org